Monday, October 14, 2013

First day teaching french preschool!

I started last tuesday! It was so much fun (for the most part..)

Don't I look like such a teacher? And I'm eating an apple- haha~ (PS- sorry it was very dark... early morning wakeups for school!)


I get two mornings a week to teach at a french preschool and I LOVE IT. My first day really threw me straight into the experience. They gave me a table and kids to do the activity of the day with. Being in charge of 6 year olds is already pretty dicey- but then add to that 3 year olds who speak french. I speak french but its not my first language, i still trip up and make mistakes. Even better, we were learning how to use scissors.. for the first time.
It was slight chaos... Everytime one of the kids waved scissors in someone elses face I would scream out "GENTILE GENTILE" but that does not mean gentile like in enlish. It bascially means "oh that is so sweet of you".. so Yeah needless to say it was a rough class. I finally got into the groove of yelling doucement instead. Careful is a much better word for that situation.
But I survived and I also got tons of hugs, smiles, and giggles! I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment