Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Nice round 2


Monaco kind of whipped me out but apparently not completely. So I met up with the aussie bloke again for awhile and we walked to macdonalds so he could get food or whatever. Then he coped out and headed off to bed. It was about 10 so I thought there would be no way I’d be making it out tonight. The bar was DEAD. Actually. Maybe 8 people drinking in small groups. No hope of that. SO I decided to read on my phone and sit in the TV room. There was one guy on his computer so I just sat down near-ish to him. Pirates was playing and I resigned my night to over after I finished reading my oh-so-important e-mail (from my mom…)
            And then some guys sits to my right. He looks kinda sad and out of it- sitting there on his phone. So finally I just look at him and ask where are you from. Here goes nothing.
            Argentina- score! LOVE THOSE. And the lighthearted backpacking friendships strike again! We chatted and then got some beers, moved ourselves to the bar and chatted some more. It was really chilled and I am so glad my night took a turn for the better. You can always try- always at least say hello!
            Later, he was hanging out at a table with some people we had convinced to join us and I walked up to the bar. I was getting a glass of wine when I heard an aussie accent. Clearly I had to introduce myself. There is not even a choice on that one. They were next to me at the bar watching the footie game. So I gave it a minute and then said hello to the one next to me. Turns out they were awesome aussie from Melbourne. Who had just finished highschool? Finally im not the youngest one in the group. Wahoo. We chatted and hit it off right away. He was so much fun seriously. Then I met his friend from highschool with him, a cute Swedish boy, and another 24 year old aussie who had joined the group. We instantly started chatting away and had a great time. They were wonderful. They invited me to come out with them for the night. Sold sold sold. We left for the bar and arrived not too long after ready to dance our hearts out. And bloody hell that we did. They were all such nice guys and such good fun. Laughed and danced ourselves into the ground. We exchanged information and hugs and promises to keep in touch and really really try to meet up again in the future. We do have 2 days overlapping in Amsterdam.. too goddamn perfect. What a night, and here I thought it would be a dud. Never give up hope. Making new great friends can really be just that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment