Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review of Villa St Exupery Beach: NICE

While in nice I stayed at a Europe's famous hostel: Villa St. Exupery Beach.
There are two hostels run by the same company but I picked the beach one because of its better location! and the location was excellent. About 7 minutes to the waterfront, a 2 minutes from the main square with shops in new town (I love shopping!). It was right between new and old town so you could go to either!
When I first checked in I was a little worried- the girl who checked me in wasn't the nicest out there. But that is to be expected with these bigger "corporate" hostels. The staff definitely redeemed themselves later in the trip!

I stayed in an 14 bed dorm but it did not feel crowed at all- which was amazing! It was clean and had plenty of space for all of us plus an insuite bathroom and two insuite showers that were kept very clean!

Of course the main part of the hostel is the atmosphere. Villa has a cafe/bar attached to the main floor. It turns bar at night and is the place to be. Both nights I easily made friends inside. They had delicious drinks (and REALLY nice bar tenders) as well as a ton of interesting, a not completely dead set party animal, people. Their happy hour was a pretty good deal. On Saturday night they even had live music. Once the bar starts to close down there is always someone helping to get people moving to the bars and clubs around town


(PS- check out wayne's bar in Nice, everyone will tell you its the place to be and it didn't disappoint!)

There was a kitchen for guests to use- although it wasn't actually that big. And there was free breakfast included which I actually made it to the second day. It was typical stuff- cereal and toast, but spread out well with about 9 jams and at least 10 types of cereal and granola. I enjoyed myself for sure! I would absolutely go back.



No comments:

Post a Comment